AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV7280-M Resolution Issue

Question asked by kwebster83 on Feb 7, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 by kwebster83

Hi,

I'm using an adv7280-m video decoder chip together with an NVIDIA Tegra 3 system-on-module. Having only recently got the adv7280-m driver working within our Linux distribution, I'm having some issues getting correct video data to display on-screen using gstreamer.

Using initialization code taken from this thread:

adv7280-M clock problem 

I can successfully generate a test pattern and display on-screen and likewise, I can also stream live video from the camera through the analog input 1 on the chip.

My problem is as shown in the image below. Although Linux is reporting the camera device as supporting a width and height of 640x576 pixels, the preview window of the stream doesn't match up. The green region is (as far as I can tell) the same pixel size as the video region.

When launching the gstreamer preview, I'm sure to set the correct width and height of the video source however this seems to be either being ignored or overridden somewhere.

Being very much a Linux beginner, I'm having difficulty understanding whether the problem lies within the adv7280-m driver itself or somewhere further up the chain, like gstreamer or video4linux.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Note - I'll also add that when generating the test pattern or vertical lines, the test pattern also covered the same portion as the video does, with the same size green rectangle beneath.

Kevin

Outcomes