AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADIsimPLL fails to open VCO Library Editor

Question asked by magoo on Feb 6, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 7, 2017 by magoo

Question 1:

I have ADIsimPLL v4.2 on Windows XP SP3 and would like to modify the VCO library.

However, when attempting to open the VCO Library Editor I always get the following error message:

"CreateProcess failed"

If I click on the "Help" button of this error dialog, I get a further error message:

"Failed to launch help."

(However, Help launches correctly from the Help menu in ADIsimPLL).

Trying to start the VCO Library Editor standalone by a double click on the file icon LibEdit.exe (in the ADIsimPLL program folder) does not work either. The error message in this case says: "... this is not a valid Win32 application."

Can anyone help me on this?

Question 2:

It seems that there is a bug in the Mini-Circuits VCO library: in this file the model ROS-2150VW is advertised as being able to sweep only from 970MHz to 2150MHz. This does not correspond to reality, as the part can easily operate down to 900MHz and even lower. As a matter of fact, the tuning table in the library contains entries as low as 863.190 MHz.

Since I would like to simulate a PLL with this VCO at a frequency of 900 MHz, this bug represents a major road-lock to me.

I tried to manually change the F1 parameter in the Mini-Circuits.lib file from 970 to 863.190 using a text editor (instead of using the VCO Library Editor, due to the problem of "Question 1", see above), but without much success (ADIsimPLL still won't allow me to use the VCO at 900MHz).

However, after also changing the V1 parameter from 1.51 to 0.00, it seems to work.

Can I suppose that these changes are acceptable or is it necessary to make modifications also to the Mini-Circuits.sfm file? 

Thank you for your support.

Outcomes