AnsweredAssumed Answered

Differences between SC589 EZ rev 1.1/BOM1.6 and Rev 1.2/BOM1.8

Question asked by Brewster on Feb 2, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 13, 2017 by Brewster

I recently upgrade to Sigma Studio for Sharc 3.9.0 and have hit a hardware compatibility issue. Details on that can be found here: SS for Sharc 3.9.0 and SC589 EzBoard version issues 

In looking at the ADI website for the SC589 board:

www.analog.com/en/design-center/evaluation-hardware-and-software/evaluation-boards-kits/eval-adsp-sc589.html

The 1.2 design database does not include a list of changes and a description of why those changes are needed. As we will be designing our own board soon we are looking to avoid repeating mistakes and a list of changes would be useful to check our own work against.

I did difference the schematics pdf and see the memory was connection was changed, as well as some changes in the CAN and USB area. Some resistor values were changed as well. It's not clear which of the changes might be critical, or if there were signal integrity issues that were addressed in the new layout (I did not diff the gerbers).

Can ADI:

1. Provide a list of schematic changes for 1.1 -> 1.2 and the reason(s) for them?
  2. Provide a list of layout changes for 1.1 -> 1.2 and the reason(s) for them?
  3. links to any other hardware related design materials - checklists, analysis of DDR interface tuning, EMI reduction, etc?

Thanks,

Brewster

Outcomes