AnsweredAssumed Answered

Could not connect to the IIO server using qpsktxrx simulink demo for picoZed SDR

Question asked by cswanson on Jan 25, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 28, 2017 by larsc

Support,

I have a picoZed SDR development board and IIO Oscilloscope for windows.  It works just fine out of the box using the SD card operating system provided.  I updated the Linux applications using sudo adi_update_tools.sh and sudo adi_update_boot.sh.  Everything is good.

Then I set up the support package in MATLAB to the SD Card so I could run the demo qpsktxrx.  This can be found at Manual Host-Radio Hardware Setup - MATLAB & Simulink  Step - 4 - Load Firmware.

Now when my PicoZed SDR boots up, I see "Mathworks SDR Firmware" information being loaded up in the tty screen and the LED0 blinks on the board, which I believe it is supposed to do.

But when I run qpsktxrx.slx in simulink, I get the error message "Could not connect to the IIO server!".  I am suspecting it is because the IIO software version is out of sync between my Windows 7 PC and the PicoZed.

But I cannot run the sudo commands above to update the IIO software because now there is no linux prompt as before.  What should I do?

I have attached a file which shows the boot up sequence on my SDR.

Outcomes