AnsweredAssumed Answered

BF527 Multi-cycle Instructions and Latencies. any document?

Question asked by DmitryK on Sep 13, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2011 by vinodbableshwar

Hello,

i'm doing some research to evaluate the BF-527. I already did some code evaluating the performance, but not i'm looking for the details what intructions are available and how long they take.

i was looking for the Instruction Set document on the main Analog.com site. and I found two interesting documents: EE-197 and EE-171 (both are "Multi-cycle Instructions and latencies").

at first I thought EE-197 is correct for all the BlackFin cores. but then i got EE-171 and fount several differences.

e.g. in BF531,532,533 : "32-bit by 32-bit integer multiply" takes 3 cycles, but Conditional branch - 1 or 5 or 9 cycles (up to prediction and outcome),

and in BF535:               "32-bit by 32-bit integer multiply" takes 5 cycles, but Conditional branch - 1 or 4 or 7 cycles (up to prediction and outcome).

so i got a questions:

1) what are the Latencies for BF-527 ? is there any document for BF-52x ? (i couldn't find them)

2) can anybody tell me (or guide to any datasheet) what the pipeline difference is between BF-535 and BF-531,532,533? so they have this difference in latencies?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

regards, Dmitry K.

Outcomes