AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9371 - RF port broadband match

Question asked by Lotus1 on Jan 16, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 by Vinod

Hello,

I'm trying to synergize marketing material on the AD9371 - "Large-scale integration and zero IF allows for wide frequency range and eliminates interconnection losses while reducing broadband matching concerns" with datasheet Tx, Rx, ORx, SnRx specified differential real impedances and UG-992 complex impedance plots of these various RF ports.

The S-parameter data on the RF ports shows anything from broadband matched ports and this is shown by the various matching components over frequency bands in the user guide.

Will ADI be able to provide a compromised broadband matching configuration that will support 700-6000 MHz? There is mention of a Simplified Matching Design for the receivers in the users guide with a real load resistance. Can I assume appropriate real load resistors can be used for all the various receiver ports and the best that can be done on the Tx side is a 50 ohm diff balun to 3 GHz, 100 ohm to 4 GHz and 200 ohm to 6 GHz? I'm also curious why the complex impedance of SnRxA is significantly different from SnRxB/C in the 4-6 GHz range?

I also do see a ADRV9371-W_PCBZ_Schematic_RevA in your design file package without any documentation. Can I safely assume this is a "wideband" design that has been tested to perform well from 300 - 6000 MHz?

Outcomes