AnsweredAssumed Answered

MATLAB Filter Design Wizard for AD9361

Question asked by jom on Jan 7, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 by mhennerich

I was not sure where to place this question.  Sorry if I got it incorrect.

I'm trying to use the MATLAB Filter Design Wizard for the AD9361 and had a couple of questions about its usage specifically about the GUI.  I'm running

MATLAB R2016b on Windows 7.  ZC706 with a FMCOMMS5 board plugged in.  We are only using the Wideband Inputs/Outputs for each AD9361 on board.

I'd like to know how to do the following when using the "Connect to Target" and then "Coefficients to Target":

a)  Once you build it how do you apply a different FIR/HB/HB design to the different channels within one of the AD9361s?

b)  Once you build it how do you apply a different FIR/HB/HB to the OTHER AD9361 on the board and its separate channels?

(I'm using the "Custom" setting once one it avails itself to that "Device Settings" pull-down menu.)

I just don't see anywhere on this GUI which enables me to upload different FIR designs to any of the available components (in either Advanced mode or not).  All I do know is that I can apply one to RX1 on the first AD9361...that seems to work fine.  However, we have need to have possibly four different sets of FIR coefficients, one set for each RX on the board (there are four channels obviously).  Is this even possible?

While I'm at it I might as well ask if it is possible to have different FIR designs within any one set of TX/RX.  I think I works as is but when you go back/forth between each using the "Filter Design" pull-down-menu I'm uncertain.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Outcomes