AnsweredAssumed Answered

No library file issue of "IDT82V3280.lib" for the AD9516 simulation file in ADIsimCLK PC tool.

Question asked by SKBY on Dec 26, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2017 by pkern

Dear Experts,

My customer tried to open the following simulation file for AD9516 through ADIsimCLK and then was required to open the following library file. Could you please help my customer to get "IDT82V3280.lib" and/or to fix the following issue?

1. ADIsimCLK environment in the issue:
1) PC: Windows7 x64.
2) PC tool: ADIsimCLK Ver.1.70.04 - Build Date: Aug 1st, 2016.
3) Simulation file: "AD9516_EvalBoardExample_200MHz.clk".
Note1: Please see the attached simulation file.
Note2: The above simulation file for AD9516 was downloaded as shown below:
- My customer downloaded the following simulation file through the following URL webpage.
http://www.analog.com/en/design-center/evaluation-hardware-and-software/evaluation-boards-kits/EVAL-AD9516-0.html#eb-documentation
- The downloaded link name: "AD9516 Simulation File for the ADIsimCLK (clk, 62.4 KB)".

2. How to reproduce the issue:
The following procedure to reproduce the issue is shown:

Step#1) To run "ADIsimCLK Ver1.70" in the `PC.
Step#2) To open the simulation file for AD9515 through "File" ---> "Open" in the ADIsimCLK window.
Step#3) To select "AD9516_EvalBoardExample_200MHz.clk".
Step#4) The window with the following error message window popped up.
              Error message: "Unable to open file C:\ProgramData\Applied Radio Labs\ADIsimCLK\lib\Ref\IDT82V3280.lib."
              Note1: Please see the attached png file, "ADIsimCLK_No_library_issue_20161227.png"

with the PC screenshot of the above error message window.
             Note2: Of course, my customer could not see the above library file in the above directory of the PC HDD.
Step#5) To click "OK" button in the above error message window.
Step#6) Windows7 OS in the PC halted the ADIsimCLK PC tool due to some issue.

3. Questions of my customer:
Could you please reply to the following questions?

Q1: Could you please help my customer to get "IDT82V3280.lib" for the AD9516 simulation file in the ADIsimCLK PC tool?

Q2: Could you please help my customer to fix the above issue with no library issue of "IDT82V3280.lib" in the ADIsimCLK PC tool?

Thanks and regards.

Outcomes