AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD5933 status bit doesn't change

Question asked by bielzita on Dec 6, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2016 by musach

Hello everyone,

I am working on a system with a MSP430 and a AD5933 and I hope some of you can help me with this question.

I am performing a frequency sweep according page 22 of the AD5933 datasheet to read impedance values. With start frequency of 30kHz (0x0EA646), frequency and number of increments 0x00 and settling time cycles at the maximum (0x01 and 0xFF), also I tried with settling time in the minimum (0x00 and 0x00) and the results were the same.
In order to check if DFT conversion is complete I verify the status bit "Valid real/imaginary data", D1. According with the datasheet, page 26, this bit should be "reset when a start frequency sweep/increment frequency/repeat frequency".

The first time I run the code and I perform the first frequency sweep the bit gets low (0), indeed, but it's the only case. Then, I start a new frequency sweep after the first acquisition and this bit remains high (1) forever. What is strange because in the datasheet says that it is reseted when a frequency sweep starts.
Also the bit of the status that indicates if "Frequency sweep complete", D2, never changes and is always low (0).

What can I do to understand what is wrong and solve this problem?

Thank you all in advance for your time and help.

Outcomes