AnsweredAssumed Answered

Updating all SW revisions for Zed board/AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ platform

Question asked by dsatoda on Nov 23, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 29, 2016 by dsatoda

I'm just starting to work on a Zed board with an AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ and would like to verify I have the latest SW versions for any pertinent SW that would apply to this platform. I don't have much knowledge of what SW is needed, but would guess that these would apply:

1. Linux SW
2. ADI IIO Oscilloscope SW
3. FPGA image used on the Zed board
4. SW controlling the AD9361

Would greatly appreciate if someone could help me verify if this is correct or if I am missing any other applicable SW.

After knowing the list of applicable SW then I would need to check the revisions on my platform and update if a newer version is available.

I found on the  wiki page https://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/linux-software/zynq_images  where it looks like I can update 2 items.  The first item,   Userspace Tools (GUI/tools, in the Linux rootfs) and the second item, ZYNQ Processing System / FPGA Boot Files & Linux kernel.  It appears that the userspace tools is the ADI IIO Oscilloscope SW and the second item is the FPGA image and Linux SW, but I am not sure.  

I attempted to update the Userspace tools using the Linux command "sudo adi_update_tools.sh" (while logged in as root).  Everything looked as if it ran correctly, but when it finished and I opened the ADI IIO Oscilloscope I got a pop up message saying the revision  was an out of date revision (the latest rev is 0.5).

I also attempted to update the second item, ZYNQ Processing System / FPGA Boot Files & Linux kernel, using the command "sudo adi_update_boot.sh".  Right after issuing the command there was warning message "Old SD card image detected, Please update!".

Reading the wiki it appears that once the platform boots up (which my platform is doing) then I should be able to update the two items mentioned above and should be up to date.  I apologize in advance for not being fluent in Linux, but I am probably just missing something here.  Appreciate any and all help I can get here.

Thanks,
Dean

Outcomes