AnsweredAssumed Answered

Configuring and using TDD mode in PicoZed SDR with breakout carrier ?

Question asked by LeroyKii on Nov 3, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 by LeroyKii

Hello everyone,

I received my new PicoZed a few days ago and I have a few questions so far. We have a simplified version of LTE TDD running on USRPs E310 and we need to migrate it to PicoZed SDR. As you may know USRP E310 has a great API to time exactly when you want to send or receive samples, so I'm kind of lost when using Picozed, as there's no API for this kind of stuff.

We are planning to use:

PicoZed SDR + breakout carrier + custom made RF frontend (TDD capable, similar to this)

I only found this example which I think it could serve us for our purposes (not sure though), but I can't access the registers they are using, as I don't have "/sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device5". I updated my devicetree.dtb like it's told here, and I can see those atributes from userspace, but hey, still no access to device5 "ad9361-tdd-core". 

So I came to the conclusion that that core is only instantiated in "zynq-picozed-sdr2-fmc-rfcard-tdd" design. Am I right? If so, could I run that design in my PicoZed even though I'm using breakout carrier instead of FMC and don't break anything?

I'm not sure if I'm walking down the right path, a little guidance would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Leroy.

Outcomes