AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADIsimPLL V3.40 Crashed

Question asked by andyrobertson on Aug 25, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 26, 2011 by andyrobertson

I just finished installing and using ADIsimPLL_V3_40_06_setup.zip.  Seems like a very intuitive and helpful program, but it crashed when I tried to go back and specify a phase noise for the reference oscillator.  In fact, I didn't get as far as specifying a phase noise.  I was re-entering the ref. osc parameters (100MHz TCVCXO disciplined by 10MHz TCXO). Couldn't find what I needed in the library; chose custom 100MHz.  When I hit Next, BOOM!  I attached the design I was working on (as well as I can remember anyway).

There are several control options ADIsimPLL V3.40 doesn't seem to provide.

For example, phase resync is very important to me, so I need to make sure the feedback loop sees the divided VCO output.

I also want to use both outputs.  (btw, what kind of isolation can I expect?)

All of this came about because in the course of making phase resync work, I had to change feedback divider to match divided VCO output.  This required changing the MOD from 500 to 2000, and that probably changed my loop parameters.  Since I did not do the original design, I'm not all that sure what I am doing.

Finally, I believe there may be an error on the datasheet for the figure showing direct IQ modulator example.  Looks like you may have LO and Q lines reversed?

Attachments

Outcomes