I’m trying to evaluate ADAS3023 but I’ve encountered that the Evaluation Software seems to have some unexpected behaviors.
This is the configuration I’ve got in the board:
- IN0, IN1,…IN8 and COM signal to GND with jumpers using P1 connector.
- +15V and -15V supplied and checked with multimeter.
Now I’ll explain the unexpected behaviors:
- I tried to run with 2 channels at 500KSPS but I can’t, the software didn’t let me to put this amount in the “Throughput” field.
- At the beginning I select 2 channels instead of 8 and let the rest of parameters by default. After click on Update CFG the sampling ratio changes from 62.5KSPS to 125KSPS. With this configuration all seems to be ok: IN0 and IN1 more or less at 0V *Note But afterwards when I return from selecting 2 channels to 8 channels the sampling ratio stills in 125KSPS and it doesn’t return to 62.5. I try to change manually but it didn’t change after pushing the update CFG button. With this configuration some channel voltage values in the graph are huge like 18V, 2V and -2V.
- Also, after restarting the board and application and selecting 2 channels with +-2.56V as voltage range (the rest of parameters by default) nothing changes in the resolution during the capture respect to +-20.48V voltage range. It should be better (less uV) an have more uncertainty (more LSB) but it is shown the same values approximately.
I plan to use this ADC with a card in process of upgrade. It’s very likely that in the future a high number of these boards will be used by many people so I have also some questions:
- How about the life cycle of this IC?
- Is there any posibility to calibrate the ADC (e.g. changing some internal register values for offset and gain?)
- *Note IN0 is in the offset specs -> -35LSB but....why IN1 has -51LSB? Image attached
I've read that I'm not the only one having issues with this board. Is ADI doing some update/maintenance of this device?
Thank you for your attention,