AnsweredAssumed Answered

What happened with SDRAM in VisualDSP++ 5.0 Update 9.1 vs. Update 1 ?

Question asked by upkeep on Aug 23, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 25, 2011 by CraigG

Hello,

I got the following problem with VisualDSP++ 5.0 Update 9.1 : my program works properly when it uses internal memory (L1) only (for both code and data). But when I tried to move it (the whole program) to SDRAM (that is, using #pragma default_section for both code and data and appropriate sections in LDF), the program crashed ("unknown exception"). Then I tried to move to SDRAM various invidual functions of the program - and for some of them the program worked properly, for others crashed, and sometimes it crashed even before starting execution.

At the same time the same program (without any changes) works properly in SDRAM (that is, all code and data in SDRAM) with VisualDSP++ 5.0 Update 1 (I switched several times from Update 9.1 to Update 1 and back, on the same PC and with the same EZ-KIT Lite board - and always got the same picture - with Update 1 all worked properly and with Update 9.1 the program crashed when enough of it is in SDRAM).

Also, on Simulator with 5.0 Update 9.1 the program works properly when it is in SDRAM.

I use EZ-KIT Lite for Blackfin 533 (as it arrived to me, that is, without any modifications/customizations).

So it seems that something related to SDRAM and BF533 was changed in VisualDSP++ between 5.0 Update 1 and 5.0 Update 9.1 . Maybe it is just a default setting somwhere... If anyone knows how to deal with this problem then please tell me that.

Thank you.

Alexander

Outcomes