AnsweredAssumed Answered

BF2DGL glutSwapBuffers() alternative

Question asked by yzuo on Aug 20, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 30, 2011 by himanshu18july

Hi,

I'm using a BF548 EZ LITE KIT and I've been playing around with the BF2DGL to display simple shapes on the LCD screen. Modifying the demo application that comes with the library, I've managed to display shapes on the LCD screen without having to run the pc2bf.exe file. From what I understand, the demo application uses the glutSwapBuffers() function to perform a buffer swap on the layer in use with that is displayed on the LCD screen, and this is how changes can be made to what is being shown on the LCD screen.

I was wondering if there are any alternatives to glutSwapBuffers() I can use instead. In particular, I wanted to know if there is a function that will simply just refresh what is displayed on the LCD screen (by redisplaying the contents of the frame buffer) instead of swapping it with the overlay buffer.

I've tried using the glutShowWindow() and glutShowOverlay() functions, which I found in the glut.h header file that was included in the demo_application.c source file, but I get the following messages:

[Error li1021]  The following symbols referenced in processor 'p0' could not be resolved:

'glutShowWindow [_glutShowWindow]' referenced from '.\bf548\demo_application.doj'

[Error li1021]  The following symbols referenced in processor 'p0' could not be resolved:
        'glutShowOverlay [_glutShowOverlay]' referenced from '.\bf548\demo_application.doj'

I think this is because these functions have not been specified in the library file libadi_graphics2d_bf561_48.dlb file included in the demo project, but I'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Yan

Outcomes