AnsweredAssumed Answered

TX RSSI Stability

Question asked by dmitriy00 on Oct 4, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2016 by Vinod

I have a question about TX RSSI measurement stability and dynamic range on AD9361. I haven't been able to get a stable reading across at least 10dB of range. The reading keeps fluctuating, sometimes with a 1dB amplitude, sometimes higher. I've tried different combinations of LPF and front-end gains. My low and high thresholds are the same. I don't want to switch. I'm supplying a constant unmodulated signal directly into TX MON port from a generator. I have a stable reference connected to the reference clock port. I've tried different sampling rates. I've tried disabling and enabling DC correction. I also moved the sampled signal in frequency thinking maybe DC is still a problem. Is TX RSSI supposed to be stable and have values within at least 60dB of dynamic range? Is there something I am not setting? This is happening on the FMCOMMS3/ZC702 platform. My second questions is if I don't characterize the receiver over temperature, does the TPM feature become useless? It seems like it does. Thanks.

Dmitriy.

Outcomes