AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I resolve FMC_12V Overcurrent state using the ADS7-V2 with a AD9164-FMCB-EBZ installed?

Question asked by Beverly on Oct 4, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 13, 2016 by Biao.H

I have the ADS7-V2 pattern generator with AD9164-FMCB-EBZ  evaluation board installed.  In the process of trying to get ACE to recognize the AD9164-FMCB-EBZ, the FMC_12V OVERCURRENT LED on the ADS7-V2 is now lighting RED and the 12V power and the PWR_BAD LEDs on the AD9164-FMC-EBZ  are blinking.  I have not been able to get out of this mode.  This overcurrent condition is the result of numerous attempts to get this evaluation setup working.

I have been unable to connect the AD9164-FMCB-EBZ to my computer via USB (it is not a USB 3.0 port).  My computer does not detect any USB device when I plug in the cable (the ADS7-V2 works fine).  The USB connected LED and the ADF4355 locked LED have never come on.

After what seems like random combinations of restarting the software and/or power cycling the setup, when ACE does successfully find the ADS7-V2 with the AD9164 FMC installed, it can't find the correct plugin because the FMC identifies itself as "AD9164-ADF4355-FMC-EBZ" - so none of the macros work (and no USB connection).

I plugged and unplugged USB cables; reinstalled the software; powered the AD9164-FMCB-EBZ separately with an external power supply.  I've done everything I could find on the ADI website and in the various user guides and quick start guides ... and now I have this overcurrent condition on the ADS7-V2 board I cannot resolve.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Beverly.

Outcomes