AnsweredAssumed Answered

Does elfloader.exe -b have an incorrect default?

Question asked by MattZ on Sep 22, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 by MattZ

According to VisualDSP++ 5.0 Loader and Utilities Manual (page 3-60) the -b switch "specifies the boot mode and directs the loader utility to prepare a boot-loadable file for the specified boot mode" and that "If -b does not appear on the command line, the default is -b flash." 

I'm using elfloader.exe to generate a .ldr file that I later parse and save to a flash on a custom board using a BF537. Things work great when I use the -b flash switch. So I tried removing the -b flash switch. Comparing the outputs with and without the switch, I would expect to see the same output. However, there are two lines in the output that are different. Does this imply that the documentation is not correct about the default value if no -b switch is given?

For reference, I'm calling elfloader similar to this:

elfloader MY_PROGRAM.dxe -f HEX -Width 8 -p 0x040000 -o MY_PROGRAM.ldr -si-revision  0.2 -proc ADSP-BF537 -MM

I've tested functionality between the two outputs and I don't notice any immediate issues. Any ideas?

Note also, that I'm not making a bootable program (not using -init MY_LOADER.dxe) . I'm using a boot loader to select between programs. So I don't think I even care about that.

Thanks in advance

-Matt

Outcomes