AnsweredAssumed Answered

Emulator issues VDSP++ 5.1.2 Win7-32b

Question asked by sanjaac on Sep 22, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2016 by Kader.M

Hi,

On a machine running Windows7 Pro - 32bit, I have HPPCI Emulator installed. Driver installation seems to be fine, as the Device Manager reports no issues. The driver is dated 2013.

ICE Test Utility can indeed recognize the HPPCI emulator. I configure a new platform (ADSP-21065L is the target), but if I try "Test", it fails immediately at "Opening Emulator Interface". I tried on a known-working TS101 EzKit, also no success.

On the emulator pod, no LED turns on, not even the "Enable" LED, nor any of the voltage detection LEDs.

I verified the connection of the emulator pod to emulator PC card, and reconnected, fastening it as good as I could. The power LEDs on the emulator PC card are on.

One note: besides VisualDSP++ 5.1.2, I also have VDSP++ 4.5 and 3.5 for 16- and 32-bit installed in same machine. But I believe it should be not issue, as the Configurator Utility of VDSP++ 5.1.2 indeed does detect the HPPCI emulator.

I am aware that Win7 64 bit is not supported, but I am talking about Win7 32-bit, which is supposed to support HPPCI Emulator (it is said to be supported since VDSP++ 5.0 Update 7)

I feel really hopeless. Can somebody please help?

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes