AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMCOMMS3-EBZ reference design ported to KCU105 platform?

Question asked by beamer.ce1 on Sep 19, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2016 by CsomI

Hi,

I'm currently attempting to get the FMCOMMS3-EBZ board working with the KCU105 Kintex UltraScale evaluation kit platform and using Vivado 2015.4.2 for my FPGA development.  Since the KCU105 doesn't currently appear in the wiki as a supported platform for the FMCOMMS3-EBZ board, I'm attempting to use the fmcomms2/kc705 project as a reference. 

I'm currently working with the hdl-2016_r1 release of the HDL code from the git repository and have successfully manually built the axi_ad9361_ip (and all the dependencies of this library) based on the instructions listed on the wiki page.  I copied all the files from this folder into a "kcu105" folder and changed all the necessary "kc705" references to "kcu105" and made what I believe to be the necessary changes to allow the build scripts to work.  I was able to successfully run the system_project.tcl script to generate a project.  However, synthesis fails since Vivado was unable to locate the 'system_axi_ddr_cntrl_0_phy' module (DDR4 memory) which is strange since the module does seem to appear in the block diagram and in my source file list.  I'm looking into this problem now.

Has anyone successfully connected a FMCOMMS3 board to a KCU105 evaluation kit?  Are there any plans in the near future to have the KCU105 platform added to one of the support platforms for the FMCOMMS3-EBZ board?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

- Brad

Outcomes