AnsweredAssumed Answered

frame position adv7611

Question asked by S.Griebsch on Sep 16, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 by S.Griebsch

Hi,

after finally getting my system (ADV receiving an video coming from a pattern generator throught SDI and converting it into HDMI) to work, the next problem appeared.

The ADV7611 receives the video and outputs it to an encoder. It's output is a transport stream which feeds an ASI transmitter. I analyse the serial signal and display the incoming video with a software decoder (player).

That's the system setup. Now the video I display has a vertical and horizontal offset.

I tried to fix it with the START_HS and END_HS register values without any success. If I want to move the displayed frame to the right or left (for fixing the horizontal offset) am I right to use these registers?

For me it seems to be a problem with the horizontal and vertical blanking. If tried to disable the data blanking via register DATA_BLANK_EN = 0. But I couldn't see any difference.

Another thought of mine was that there might be something with the timing of vertical sync and horizontal sync.

If I change the polarity of VS and HS by setting INV_POL_VS and INV_POL_HS, the frame moves some pixel to the left or right (and also to the top or bottom).

Outcomes