AnsweredAssumed Answered

BF548 Ez-Kit Lite getting started example 4: modification of audio

Question asked by ksm on Aug 16, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 23, 2011 by vinodbableshwar

Hi,

I have been able to recreate example 4 of the BF548 Ez-Kit Lite getting started examples and I would like to be able to modify or remove some code to play a different audio file instead of the sample. I have read that the Audio.c file uses the AD1980 driver which allows it to play MP3 and Wav files. Moreover, the driver can only take in audio samples of 48kHz and 16 bits.

I have been able to store an MP3 file onto the BF548 Storage Device and play it via the MediaPlayer_548 project (Analog Device ->Platforms->MediaPlayer->ADSP-BF548). However, I would like to play an audio file without the need of the storage device, lcd or keypad.

In the getting started examples example_4, the sample audio file (samples.dat) is not stored within the harddrive of the BF548, but as a code file. I was wondering if it is possible to store a different audio file as a data file. Two wav files I have been experimenting with are a 8,000 Hz 16 bit PCM file and a  8,000 Hz 8 bit PCM file (wav samples from wikipedia). When I replace the samples.dat file with either of these wav files and then rebuild the project, I get fuzzy noise.

I have read through the Audio.c and Example_4.c source files, however I do not know how to modify the audio buffer so that the audio samples taken are of 48kHz and 16 bits.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kin

Attachments

Outcomes