AnsweredAssumed Answered

Quickest way to fix "Build being ghosted out"

Question asked by MikeSmithCanada on Sep 9, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2016 by MikeSmithCanada

Hi

This is a problem that I think CrossCore inherits from Eclipse and CrossCore 2.3.0 seems to have a very bad case of it

I am using CrossCore 2.3.0 -- which is essentially Eclipse Mars + ADI plugin -- working with BF533, 21469 and Sc589 with project ion emulator and simulator mode

Also using Eclipse Mars + IAR plugin on Cortex2, Cortex4 and wondering whether it might be an alternative to CrossCore gcc ARM when working with SC589 Cortex 7 (But I have not got far on that issue)

Problem is

We have several projects open -- e.g. Library I am building and a Demo that uses the library

Scenario

I change to Library -- rebuild the project

Change to Demo -- Have to clean the project as I can find no way to get project to recognize library has changes. (You can't use a prebuild command as that does not happen unless CCES recognizes the project has changed -- thats another another story)

Real problem -- About 1 time in 3 -- when I switch back and forth between projects, or make changes within a project,  the Build command get greyed out.

Anybody got a quick recovery fix to get Build back -- Here is what I try

1) Clicking on another part of the project back to Build works about 1 time in 10

2) Cleaning or Closing then reopening the project works more often

3) Sometime F7 works to rebuild after Build greyed out

4) Restarting CrossCore

Regards

Mike Smith

Outcomes