AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using Blackfin 2D Graphics Library (BF2DGL) to render display for simple game

Question asked by yzuo on Aug 14, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 20, 2011 by yzuo

Hi,

I recently started playing around with the BF2DGL software module. Right now, I have been using the demo application that comes with the BF2DGL to display various shapes and text on the LCD screen of the BF548 EZ LITE Kit that I am using.

However, I notice that each time I want to change an aspect of what is displayed (such as adding/removing a shape, changing a shapes coordinate position on the screen, etc), I have to rebuild the project each time, rerun the project and then run pc2bf.exe so that the modified contents of the command file example_bf548.cmd are redisplayed on the LCD screen.

I was wondering if this is normal, or am I doing something wrong? I find that when I run pc2bf.exe, I get the display message:

<HOST> Start servicing USBIO

<DEVICE> USB port open

<HOST> Device terminated USBIO successfully

which I think is correct, but after that the project automatically halts. After which, if I run pc2bf.exe again, I get the following message:

<HOST> Start servicing USBIO

The command window then just stalls at this point. The only way I have found to get around this is to rebuild the project, which allows me to run pc2bf.exe again with my changes to the command file example_bf548.cmd. Also, performing a reset (Debug->Reset) didn't help either.

Following up from this, I want to write a simple game such as Tic Tac Toe and display the game on the LCD screen of the BF548 EZ LITE Kit. I was wondering if that would be possible using the BF2DGL? My main concern is that if I have to rebuild the project every time I want to change what is displayed on the LCD screen, then I don't think rendering the display for a game would be possible.

Sorry for the long post, I'm very new to this and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Kind Regards,

Yan

Outcomes