AnsweredAssumed Answered

assertion eRet == ADI_SS_FW_SUCCESS failed in CCES console

Question asked by Brewster on Aug 31, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 10, 2017 by Brewster

Before I build a debug version of the application DXE and start tracing out where this error is coming from I'm hoping someone has seen this and knows what I did wrong.

I have the following:

• SC589 eval board BOM rev 1.5, 589 rev 1-0.1, switches and jumpers as per the guide.
  • with ICE 1000 rev 1.1
  • USB2Z rev 1.3
  • being used from SigmaStudio 3.12 build 4,
  • CCES 2.3.0,
  • SS for Sharc 3.7.0.
  • My development system is Windows 7 with the latest patches.

I can run the SC589 examples that come with CCES as well as booted in to Linux and played around a bit there. So teh EVM and CCES are hopefully not a factor in my problem.

Now I'm trying to use Sigma Studio (which I've used with Sigma DSPs in the past).

I'm starting with trying run the basic example in the AE_03_SS4G_QuickStartGuide.pdf chapter 6.  I've made a number of pilot errors along the way as well as had problems with CCES just randomly crashing; creating a new workspace, (and if that fails) rebooting windows, (and if that fails) or reinstalling seem to solve that well enough for now.

When I get to step 13 in section 6.1 (Press Link-Compile-Download) Sigma Stuido seems happy (log attached).  But the CCES output window ends looking like (I included the load lines from before running SS in case those are the wrong dxe):

Loading application: "C:\Analog Devices\CrossCore Embedded Studio 2.3.0\SHARC\ldr\ezkitSC589_preload_core0_v01"
Load complete.
Loading application: "C:\Analog Devices\SoftwareModules\SigmaStudioForSHARC-SH-Rel3.7.0\Target\Demo\ADSP-SC58x\ADSP-SC589\SS_App_Core0\Release\SS_App_Core0"
Load complete.
Loading application: "C:\Analog Devices\SoftwareModules\SigmaStudioForSHARC-SH-Rel3.7.0\Target\Demo\ADSP-SC58x\ADSP-SC589\SS_App_Core1\Release\SS_App_Core1.dxe"
Load complete.
Loading application: "C:\Analog Devices\SoftwareModules\SigmaStudioForSHARC-SH-Rel3.7.0\Target\Demo\ADSP-SC58x\ADSP-SC589\SS_App_Core2\Release\SS_App_Core2.dxe"
Load complete.
assertion eRet == ADI_SS_FW_SUCCESS failed

Core 1 is suspended here: <___lib_prog_term>() at 0x1c09dc    

My next step would be to make a debug build and start putting in breakpoints, etc., to try and narrow down what might be wrong. OTOH the most basic example should just run out of the box?

I do not trust my SigmaStudio setup, one of my brain-dead pilot errors was leaving the USBi plugged in to my SigmaDSP board. SigmaStudio did not complain at all about loading a SC589 application to an ADAU1452, it just silently failed. Not to tough for me to believe I've made some other obvious setup error that doesn't get checked/reported.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to make this work.

Brewster

Attachments

Outcomes