rovin_bin

Impedance matching w.r.t frequency and power (RF power detector)

Discussion created by rovin_bin on Aug 19, 2016

HI everyone,

In a  design of Schottky diode(MSS40045 ,from macom) based RF power detector( RF to dc),  for the frequency range of 10GHz -12 GHz and input power range -10 dBm to 12 dBm, i am facing a challenge of impedance matching with 50 ohm source (minimum return loss of 20 dBm) for the above range of frequency and input power. The simulated impedance using ADS has been attached for your kind reference.

Attachment has four pdf  files with plots as -

File titted "Complet,pdf" has impedance  (Real part , imag part and magnitude) for whole range of frequencies and power.

File titted "at1125,pdf" has impedance (Real part , imag part and magnitude) at 11.25 GHz.

File titted "at122,pdf" has impedance (Real part , imag part and magnitude) at 12.2 GHz.

File titted "at103,pdf" has impedance (Real part , imag part and magnitude) at 10.3GHz.

I have tried it with "band pass filter based matching"  and "resonance  circuit based " , however I could not get return loss of 20 dBm for the above range of frequency and input power. one of the reason for that is too low real part of the impedance.

|So, for the same suggestions/solutions/leads.... are required. all are welcome.

regards,

rahul

Attachments

Outcomes