AnsweredAssumed Answered

moving a project

Question asked by amf on Aug 17, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 by amf

Hi, 

Can you explain how to copy and move an example project and get it to compile?

I've been working with the eval board and a project in the examples directory.  The SDK 2.4.0 installer puts the examples folder here:

C:/Analog Devices/ADuCM350BBCZ/Eval-ADUCM350BZ/examples

For any given example folder, say, SPItoFTDI, inside that SPItoFTDI folder there will be some files and a subdirectory called iar.  Each iar directory has project files (i.e. files with extensions such as .dep, .ewd, .ewp, .ewt and .eww).  When I run IAR Embedded Workbench and open that .eww workspace file, I'll see that the SPItoFTDI project has a number of driver source files associated with it (e.g. dma.c, gpio.c, spi.c, uart.c, wdt.c, etc.)  Also, in that IAR workspace, if I look at the Project Options -> C/C++ Compiler preprocessor tab, I see that this project lists additional include directories:

$PROJ_DIR$\..

$PROJ_DIR$\..\..

$PROJ_DIR$\..\..\..\inc

$PROJ_DIR$\..\..\..\inc\config

Now, I'd like to move my copy of this directory out of that example folder and work on it in another location (where I can set up a repository for version control, not have to worry about my folder with my extensions to your example getting overwritten when I install the next SDK, etc.)

Can you explain what I need to change in the project so that when I move it out of the examples directory, I can still get it to compile?  For instance, the build process can't find dma.c, nor the other Driver Source files that are in the project.

Thank you.

Outcomes