AnsweredAssumed Answered

BF701 Boot Sequence stops after reading 16 bytes from SPI flash

Question asked by sarahweefolk on Aug 10, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 12, 2016 by sarahweefolk

Hi,

I have a target board with an ADSP-BF701 that I'm attempting to boot from SPI flash. (PN: MX25L3206E)

I've modified the 706_w25q32bv_dpia project to be compatible with my flash part and the BF701. Using the cldp I can program my .ldr file and then read back the contents of flash via the cldp -save command. They match fully.

I've watched CS, MOSI, MISO, and CLK and have observed the Blackfin's boot sequence. Device discovery occurs as expected, the Blackfin sends out the read command followed by three 0xFF before the flash responds (it is a 24-bit address flash). The Blackfin then deasserts/reasserts CS and begins to read from the flash again. It reads out 16 bytes, then pulls CS high and does nothing (channels are 1: CS, 2: CLK, 3: MISO, 4: MOSI):

bootsequence_traces.jpg

My .ldr file was built using CrossCore (Product version: 2.1.0.0, IDE version: 2.1.69.201508280950) with the following loader settings: Boot mode: SPI Master, Boot format: Binary, Output width: 8 bits, no Boot code, Start address 0, no Initialization file:

loadersettings-sm.png

I would like to debug the boot rom as suggested in the ADSP-BF70x Blackfin+ Hardware Reference (pg 36-52), but do not have any rom code for any BF70x under my CrossCore install directory ( at C:\Analog Devices\CrossCore Embedded Studio 2.1.0\Blackfin\ldr\rom_code )

Outcomes