AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is the most practical method (interface and software) to extract the complete firmware from a previously programmed ADZS-BF537-EZLITE evaluation board then apply it to a newly purchased one?

Question asked by dlowerymcse on Jul 14, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 15, 2016 by dlowerymcse

I have 20 each ADZS-BF537-EZLITE evaluation boards that were installed into mechanical chart reading devices. Some of these devices are starting to fail for various reasons. The EZLITE board is the last item in these chart readers that are still high-risk in terms of repair-ability and I need to report to the managers whether or not a simple file extraction/import to a new board is possible or that we must start from scratch writing the source code.

A former colleague that programmed these boards did not leave the source files for the original code when he left the company.  I have tried wading through the exhaustive documentation on these boards which seems primarily focused on writing source for them but nothing related to a simple extraction and import of the firmware as you would typically do on other devices I am familiar with such as Artel and Parallax processors.

Outcomes