AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is AD trying as hard as possible not to make money?

Question asked by Rai on Jul 5, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 6, 2016 by Kader.M

I have bought several licences for both VDSP++ and CCES, and every time it is a struggle. I have to speek with local sales distributor representatives who again need to speek with AD, and the process never takes less than a month.

Last time I bought a licence for CCES, I had to wait a full month even after the purchase to get the product. Why? Well...

After one month, I received a cardboard box, sent from the united states (I am in Norway). Within the box was a piece of paper. On the piece of paper was written a licence code. I know this is analog devices, but this is just ridiculous.

Three weeks ago, I was asked to upgrade my CCES in this thread: Next debug session fails after termination

However, in order to upgrade, I need a maintenance subscription. After being in contact with multiple AD personnel, and a local supplier who spent two weeks trying to figure this out, I find out that I need to wait another three weeks to get the maintenance subscription, once again because it is to be shipped from the united states. We are talking about a license number! What kind of technology company is this? Since this is a one year subscription, I assume I will have to go through the same procedure next year.

Do analog devices plan on making any changes, or is the plan to keep making it as hard as possible to obtain software licences?

Outcomes