AnsweredAssumed Answered

Having troubles getting ADAU1452 to program ADAU1761 via I2C

Question asked by davidengler on Jun 17, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 by DaveThib

ADAU1452 Slave Interface:

-  ADAU1452 I2C slave configuration and USBi interface seems to be working

-  Write Through DSP programming and verification function seems to work.

- Is there an example project that can be uploaded that shows a simple ADAU1452 and ADAU1761

implementation that uses only  I2C interface (no SPI)?  I want our CPU to interface into audio block with I2C

only. Implementation would have 3 ASRC inputs (including SPDIF), and 1 ASRC output(I2C amplifier).  Sample

rate is 48khz and ADAU1452 is master in all cases.

ADAU1452 Master Interface to I2C EEPROM (0xa0)

-  Seems to be working as BCLK and LRCLK are active after ADAU1452 reads from programmed i2c eeprom (0xa2)

-  I2C activity seems to indicate appropriate blocks (headers) are being read from EEPROM and there is a lot of I2C           traffic.  I am not sure what all the traffic is.

-  I am a bit concerned about various I2C EEPROMs paritions.  It seems I can only use I2C EEPROMs which align -           with available address in ADAU145. For example, OnSemi uses LS bit for SW address bank and uChip uses an

upper bit.

-  What I don't see are the I2c programming cycles from ADAU1452 ->  ADAU1761. I would expect to see i2c cycles

targeting 0x70 targeting ADAU1761.

-  It may be that I have not capture these cycles yet?  Do cycles targeting slaves on ADAU1452 occur significantly

long time after Reading contents for EEPROM?

-  Is there a I2C memory map that shows internal eeprom organization so that I can read the byes and verify health?

- Is there an I2C memory map that outlines the I2C sequence  in embedded in program for programming adau1761?

- Is my assumption on sequence correct? 

- power up,

- de-assert reset# ,

- ADAU1452 master reads ADAU1452 specific information and writes clock registers (mclk, arsc,etc)

- ADAU1452 master reads eeprom and writes the program memory areas.

- Does master control port I2C run from program that written in DSP memory?    

- Is there a way to confirm EEPROM contents and master control port function?

- or is there a way to verify the master i2c control port is programmed properly?

- finally, i would expect ADAU1452 initiate I2C traffic targeting ADAU1761.

Outcomes