ADAU1452 Slave Interface:
- ADAU1452 I2C slave configuration and USBi interface seems to be working
- Write Through DSP programming and verification function seems to work.
- Is there an example project that can be uploaded that shows a simple ADAU1452 and ADAU1761
implementation that uses only I2C interface (no SPI)? I want our CPU to interface into audio block with I2C
only. Implementation would have 3 ASRC inputs (including SPDIF), and 1 ASRC output(I2C amplifier). Sample
rate is 48khz and ADAU1452 is master in all cases.
ADAU1452 Master Interface to I2C EEPROM (0xa0)
- Seems to be working as BCLK and LRCLK are active after ADAU1452 reads from programmed i2c eeprom (0xa2)
- I2C activity seems to indicate appropriate blocks (headers) are being read from EEPROM and there is a lot of I2C traffic. I am not sure what all the traffic is.
- I am a bit concerned about various I2C EEPROMs paritions. It seems I can only use I2C EEPROMs which align - with available address in ADAU145. For example, OnSemi uses LS bit for SW address bank and uChip uses an
- What I don't see are the I2c programming cycles from ADAU1452 -> ADAU1761. I would expect to see i2c cycles
targeting 0x70 targeting ADAU1761.
- It may be that I have not capture these cycles yet? Do cycles targeting slaves on ADAU1452 occur significantly
long time after Reading contents for EEPROM?
- Is there a I2C memory map that shows internal eeprom organization so that I can read the byes and verify health?
- Is there an I2C memory map that outlines the I2C sequence in embedded in program for programming adau1761?
- Is my assumption on sequence correct?
- power up,
- de-assert reset# ,
- ADAU1452 master reads ADAU1452 specific information and writes clock registers (mclk, arsc,etc)
- ADAU1452 master reads eeprom and writes the program memory areas.
- Does master control port I2C run from program that written in DSP memory?
- Is there a way to confirm EEPROM contents and master control port function?
- or is there a way to verify the master i2c control port is programmed properly?
- finally, i would expect ADAU1452 initiate I2C traffic targeting ADAU1761.