The Analog Devices ADIsimPE team is proud to announce the release of ADIsimPE 8.0. ADIsimPE 8.0 provides a number of enhancements:
- User Interface - Introducing a new fully integrated development environment for the SIMetrix and SIMetrix/SIMPLIS platform. Keeping familiar menu and toolbar layouts, all editors can now reside within a single window. Also includes new fully syntactically highlighted text editors for netlists, Verilog and more.
- Schematic Editor - The schematic editor has been re-built to provide new features and smoother interaction. Additional annotation features allow the inclusion of boxes, arrows and images on the schematic. Schematics now also make easy use of custom styles, enabling different colors and visual markers to be used for symbols, wires and annotations. These styles can be shipped with the schematic, to enable standardized colorings within a development project.
- SIMetrix Convergence - Improved convergence, new convergence options and an easy-to-use user interface to the most common convergence settings. New Advanced Iteration algorithm helps convergence with some circuits especially those with high-side or near floating sections. Other developments to the simulation algorithms and device equation code further improve convergence performance.
- Per-Cycle Fixed Probes - New in SIMetrix/SIMPLIS version 8.0 are fixed probe symbols and underlying binary functions which plot the cycle-by-cycle behavior of a voltage or current. A variety of measurements can be applied to any single ended or differential voltage or current on a cycle-by-cycle basis, including:
- Duty Cycle
- XY Fixed Probes - Plotting circuit voltages and/or currents against each other, the new XY fixed probe symbols allow users to delve deeper into a design. Four probe symbols allow you to plot the voltage vs. voltage, current vs. voltage, etc.
- SIMPLIS Analog Functions Library - A library of high-level analog functions has been added for the SIMPLIS simulator. Models include oscillators, PWM generators, summers, a one shot, as well as the new Multi-Level MOSFET Driver and new Parameterized Opto Coupler. These models are optimized for numerical accuracy as well as simulation speed. Full documentation with example schematics is available for each model from the Help button on the editing dialog.
- SIMPLIS Debugging Tools - Two new tools have been added to the schematic Simulator menu to help debug slow SIMPLIS simulations. The time constant graph is useful to visualize the time constants present in the simulation, while knowing the smallest time constant is useful in finding the actual circuit elements which are slowing down the simulation.
- Simulator ▶ Find Smallest Time Constant
- Simulator ▶ Graph Time Constants
- SIMPLIS Monte Carlo Log File - The Monte Carlo Log file has been expanded to include actual parameter values and the deviation from nominal for each seed value. Two log files are generated - a plain text log suitable for machine parsing and a HTML formatted log. The HTML log file can be viewed using the Monte Carlo ▶ View Log File menu.
- Expanded Analog Devices Part/Schematic Libraries - ADI has also expanded the model library for both SIMetrix and SIMPLIS as well as extended the set of example application schematics.
- Side-By-Side Version Support – ADIsimPE 8.0 can be installed side-by-side with your existing ADIsimPE 7.2 installation.
ADIsimPE 8.0 can be downloaded from the existing ADIsimPE page located at:
If you have questions or require assistance we are happy to help. Please visit the ADIsimPE forum of the Analog Devices EngineerZone support community located at:
Thank you for your support. We hope ADIsimPE 8.0 continues to provide value to your organization.
The Analog Devices ADIsimPE Team