AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9910 Cypress USB Driver

Question asked by jm6492 on Jun 10, 2016
Latest reply on May 17, 2017 by sundarsingh

I am hoping to control the AD9910 eval board via the USB port, but using other software than the provided eval software. This thread (Controlling AD9910 with Labview via USB ) suggests that the AD9910 eval software uses the CyUSB.sys driver to control the board's Cypress microcontroller, and that the relevant .dll library to use is the CyUSB.dll one. However, the default driver for the board microcontroller is not CyUSB.sys, but a driver called "adi_cyusb.sys," which seems to be a modification of the CyUSB driver specific to Analog Devices. As a result, the Cypress software is unable to detect the board and control the driver. When I try to control the device using the CyUSB.sys driver (downloaded from the Cypress website), my computer (Windows 7, 32-bit) indicates that it will not work. In addition, there seems to be a .dll library that comes with the eval software, "ADI_CYUSB_USB4.dll," but when I try to add it as a reference in a C# script, it is not a valid reference and cannot be added.

How can I manually control the board's Cypress microcontroller (either by using a different driver, accessing the Analog Devices .dll library, or any other way) to serially program the AD9910 chip? I am happy to use whatever language to control the microcontroller so long as I can do it with a script (not the eval software).

Outcomes