AnsweredAssumed Answered

EVAL-ADAU1452MINIZ load from microcontroller

Question asked by wygonski on Jun 5, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2016 by Z0mb13

I'm having trouble loading the DSP on  a EVAL-ADAU1452MINIZ board using our microcontroller.   The code is stable and ported from our ADAU1701 target hardware, with the changes required for the ADAU1452. 

I'm not confident that I've actually put the ADAU1452 in SPI mode (three times toggling the SPI SS low).   I check this by reading back the first few bytes of program memory and compare to the downloaded program.   However MISO reads back all zeros.   I enter hibernate mode and kill the core before reading program memory, as described here.  I have also introduced a delay following the reset of the DSP that accommodates the max reset pulse of the ADM811 reset generator used on the eval board.   I consistently read back all zeros from the DSP program memory, which is not what was downloaded.

Is there a simple way to verify that I've successfully entered SPI control mode?    Also, the microcontroller is using SPI mode 0, as recommended on this forum, even though the data sheet specifies mode 3--is that correct?  

Outcomes