AnsweredAssumed Answered

sharc 21479 spi flash boot failure

Question asked by ashu on Jun 4, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2016 by Jithul_Janardhanan

Hi,

I met an issue that ADSP-21479 fails to boot from SPI Flash M25P128. Details:

1. DSP's SCLK (DPI_P03) connects to the Flash's SCLK directly, no pull down or pull up resistors;

2. Other SPI signals route to the Flash directly using the default routing (Same as Ezkit). There is a FPGA(5CEBA2) on the bus;

3. IAP code(EE355V01) can erase, program and read Flash without any issue;

4. Visual DSP++ (V5.1.2)'s Flash programmer tool can erase and program the Flash without any issue;

5. HPUSB emulator can connect and debug to the target board whenever Flash is empty or not;

6. After Flash was programmed with target code ldr file (8bit hex, SPI flash option as loader)using Visual DSP++ (V5.1.2)'s Flash programmer tool or programmed with target code ldr file (8bit ASCII, SPI flash option as loader)WITH IAP code(EE355V01) , the DSP did not start after powered up (LED did not blink as it should. It worked using the same code in emulator debug mode).

7.after it powered up,I use quartus sigaltap captured the bus wareform as fllowed.

8.The content of target code ldr file (8bit hex, SPI flash option as loader) as fllowed,

I have been using the ADI DSP for three years and it worked fine, This is a new PCB design, I would be appreciate if anyone has any clue on this..

Can anyone help me please??

Best Regards,

Outcomes