AnsweredAssumed Answered

Linear Profiling question

Question asked by ChristianH on May 31, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2016 by Kader.M

Hi,

I'm using VisualDSP++ 5.1.2 and I like the linear profiling feature for the SHARC simulator (ADSP-214xx) very much.

It gives me cycle accurate line by line feedback on my required rescources.

In the past I've called my algorithms in the audio interrupt for each sample (call algo1; call algo2; .... rti;).

The profiler gave me informations about cycles needed for each algorithm perfectly.

Now I've tried to save cycles and inlcuded the source codes for the different algorithms in the audio interrupt function.

I've renamed files from .asm to .h, replaced rts with nop and included them in the code (#include algo1.h #include algo2.h etc.).

This works fine for generating final code and debugging etc.

But unfortunately the linear profiling does not show me the cycle count for the included algorithms.

I just see the cycles needed for the interrupt part but for the #include sections there are no informations.

The left side of the profile table shows me different count values but with the same function name (the one from the audio interrupt) so I can not assign cycle counts to algorithms.

Any idea what I may need to add or change in my settings to get that information again?

Thanks!

Christian

Outcomes