AnsweredAssumed Answered

Interesting CrossCore 1.1.0 to 2.2.0 conversion bug

Question asked by MikeSmithCanada on May 23, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 by Kader.M

Hi,

 

That time of year when I move all my CrossCore teaching tools to the latest CrossCore.

I have a 1.1.0 Workspace with a Blackfin library project and a Blackfin project using the library

I make a copy of the workspace and then opened the copy workspace inside 2.2.0

2.2.0 does a conversion

I do a build of library project -- build fails -- wrong include file name inside a C++ file as I updated its name from 2015 to 2016 -- fix name

Do a Build project -- Notice that although I have just changed an internal part of a C++ file - project rebuilds from scratch rather than incrementally -- does the rebuild at each fix in library -- and ditto for the project using the library

I now do a debug as -- again it rebuilds.

Logged out and came back -- do a a rebuild -- should get "nothing to do" -- but it rebuilds

 

Just about to start a 2 stage update -- 1.1.0 -> 2.0.0 -> 2.2.0 when I try to see if this is a general 2.2.0 problem

Build a new 2.2.0 project with multiple files -- builds incrementally as expected

-- Try my luck -- go back to the converted projects -- they now (seem to) behave as normal -- building incrementally

There must be some internal flag that is getting screwed up during conversion.

 

Back to teaching updates although its a long Canadian weekend.  Last four weeks we were having high of 30C -- 15 degrees above normal.  Its a tradition that the May weekend  that it is 15 C below normal and snow when everybody goes camping--

Its so nice when traditions continue  :-(

 

// *********************************

Follow up:  Unfortunately not the fix I thought.  I also had some SHARC projects in same directory to compile in 2.2.0.  They suffered from the same continual rebuild problem.  When I went back to the Blackfin projects -- they again suffer from non-incremental rebuild problem -- although the new project does not

 

So I chanced my luck again -- added a new blackfin project -- this time still get non-incremental rebuild on all translated

 

I am only going to use the libraries in my classes -- so perhaps just a short term problem for m.

 

However would be nice to have fixed

// **************************

Follow up again.  So I copied and pasted all the directories and files from the translated project into the new project, then went in by hand and excluded files that had been excluded, set things like exceptions on various files, and libraries

 

Builds went incrementally as I changed the settings on individual files

However, get an out-of-memory error which will not go away with setting the project to use external RAM

 

Hack fix -- I had to rename the ldf as .ldff and then copy the old ldf into the new project to get the memory expansion

 

Same problem with a new project

 

Thats a serious issue -- will issue another request for help -- directly to processor-tool support

 

// :-) :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

There are two places to set "Use external memory"

 

Properties | Linker | Processor -- does not work

right click system.svc -- click on Startup code / ldf | ldf -- use external sdram -- that seems to have fixed the issue

Outcomes