AnsweredAssumed Answered

version of python

Question asked by michaelbrianbentley on May 17, 2016
Latest reply on May 19, 2016 by michaelbrianbentley

Hi,

I have installed the most recent version of uClinux for blackfin and the gnu toolchain for blackfin, both vintage 2014.

blackfin-toolchain-2014R1_45-RC2.x86_64.tar.bz2

There are two other compressed archives that I'm not using, one for elf and one for linux-uclibc, but I have them. These other two archives appear to be of the same vintage (2014R1_45-RC2).

I have set this up in /opt/uClinux of a vintage 2014 ubuntu partition on an intel machine, and did a hello world test build that worked on the target blackfin system.

Now I'm trying to build python for running on the blackfin device. I'm building python 2.7.11 using:

CONFIG_SITE=config.site ./configure --host=blackfin-uclinux --build=i686-linux --exec-prefix=/opt/uClinux/bfin-uclinux/bfin-uclinux/runtime/usr --prefix=/opt/python --disable-ipv6

Upon running make clean ; make I see build errors. See below.

Would you recommend attempting to build an earlier version of python? Or do you see something obviously w0rng?

myacct:/opt/Python-2.7.11$ make

blackfin-uclinux-gcc -c -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes  -I. -IInclude -I./Include   -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Modules/python.o ./Modules/python.c

In file included from Include/Python.h:85:0,

from ./Modules/python.c:3:

Include/unicodeobject.h:575:20: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of ‘wchar_t’

Include/unicodeobject.h:575:28: error: expected ‘;’, ‘,’ or ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

Include/unicodeobject.h:593:14: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of ‘wchar_t’

Include/unicodeobject.h:593:22: error: expected ‘;’, ‘,’ or ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

make: *** [Modules/python.o] Error 1

It is complaining about missing syntax before the *w in:

PyAPI_FUNC(Py_ssize_t) PyUnicode_AsWideChar(

PyUnicodeObject *unicode,      /* Unicode object */

register const wchar_t *w,         /* wchar_t buffer */

Py_ssize_t size                          /* size of buffer */

);

The code above should not be a problem.

Thanks,

-Mike

Outcomes