AnsweredAssumed Answered

General (maybe silly) questions about IIO Oscillo

Question asked by Othmane on May 17, 2016
Latest reply on May 17, 2016 by Othmane

Hi !

I've been told that it's better to post questions here, rather than GitHub =)

OK so I'll try to explain my project : (you can skip to (2) if you are not interested)

1) I want to turn the system : ZC706 + FMCOMMS4 + My future App on windows or linux host into a "light" spectrum analyzer, that can hopefully scan the desired bands (WiFi 2.4 & 5 GHz, like Wi-Spy + Chanalyzer but in addition to DECT, 3G/4G. Not simultaneously of course) by choosing a frequency band window (button click, no tuner) in order to minimize calculations and sweep/plot fast enough.

IIO Scope does that partially, but it doesn't identify/process the received frames/bits, as WiFi SSID for instance, which can be done on laptop with the usual integrated WiFi adapter.

I thought recently about adding a WiFi or/and 3G adapter directly to the ZC706, I don't know if it's feasible (Vivado ?). Maybe you can tell me about this (I hope!). It could make the system WAY more practical.

So anyway in order to advance, I considered collecting data (time and frequency domain) from IIO Scope sources/memory at some processing step somehow App Or maybe rebuild IIO Scope on Linux host with the modified source code.

Do you think it's possible with that system? if so, any suggestions ?

2) Anyway, in another hand, I began reading some source files since a couple of days (FMComms4_sweep.ini & oscplot.c as Robin/rgetz suggested ), to understand how data is processed (Rx path) and I have some questions :

• Is the FFTW (and other operations) applied to captured data for processing purposes or plotting purposes only ? or both ?
  • If I want to re-use/collect processed data in real-time (spectrum peaks for example) to another software/application running on the host PC (which I'm willing to develop), is it possible ? If so, from which point (or file) should I start reading/modifying.

Thanks in advance , Othmane

Outcomes