AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADG5206/1206 current consumption and rise times

Question asked by thirtyone on May 12, 2016
Latest reply on May 13, 2016 by Davidforde

Hi,

I'm planning on designing in the ADG5206/1206 for a low power, low leakage measurement application. The digital inputs to the ADG5206 or ADG1206 (still balancing power consumption / leakage requirements) are isolated, so ideally I could output slow rise time signals (~1-3us). Is this a problem for these switches? Should I expect significant glitching with one or both of these analog switches with such slow rise times? The switch is going to be powered at +/-15V (or 30V single supply, depending on digital requirements or the answer to this question)

Additionally, I noticed that the ADG1206 has a very different I/O structure than the ADG5206, and consumes a huge amount of current when the digital inputs aren't GND or VDD. If I use a 5V logic voltage (with +/-15V) or 15V logic voltage (with +30V/0V supply), will the ADG5206 have a similar issue?

Basically, I'm trying to design a battery powered, fully isolated switch system switching moderately high voltage (<30V) signals, and it is going to be difficult to replace the batteries, so I'm trying to keep all the leakage currents very low throughout the system (including regulators, etc.)

Thanks!

Sam

Outcomes