AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9361 REF_CLK issues

Question asked by Mathieu34 on May 12, 2016
Latest reply on May 13, 2016 by Mathieu34

Hi

My problem is propably dumb as it is similar to older posts, such as :

AD9361 Reference oscillator frequency change on AD-FMCOMMS3-EBZ  and https://ez.analog.com/thread/48632#202363

I am still struggling to use a 20 MHz reference (it can be any reference) on the SMA port REF_CLK on the fmcomms3 board.

I followed Lars 's indications, recompiled the kernel and modify the clock-frequency attribute in the devicetree.

The problems appear when I use IIO oscilloscope application, the board seems to start fine (i.e. no SPI timeout on console when changing LO), however when I try to capture data on a plot, I can't select any channels, i.e. the list "cf-ad9361-lpc" does not appear and therefore voltage channels are not selectable.

IIO_no_channel.PNG

I do think there is a problem with the driver, and I probably made a stupid mistake building the kernel Building the 2014_R2 release Linux kernel and devicetrees from source [Analog Devices Wiki]

Some indications on my setup :

- i "checkouted" the 2014_R2 branch

- my vivado version is 2014.2, 32 bit version

Thanks in advance !

- Mathieu

PS : I used the SD image out off the box with a 40 MHz external reference and it worked perfectly fine, with the new compiled image, I can't even use that reference too.

Outcomes