AnsweredAssumed Answered

Zedboard not initializing the FMCOMMS2 board with petalinux build

Question asked by tarcuri on May 6, 2016
Latest reply on May 12, 2016 by larsc

I am trying to build a custom kernel using the petalinux tools and the Analog Devices Linux kernel for a Zedboard with an attached FMCOMMS2 board. I am able to boot the kernel, but the devices are not listed under /sys/bus/iio/devices as described here.

Someone previously asked a nearly identical question a year ago, but did not post enough details for me to implement the solution (see thread here).

So far here is what I've done:

1. Created a petalinux project using the Avnet-Digilient-Zedboard-2015.4 BSP.
  2. Added the latest ADI linux kernel to the project (xcomm_zynq branch).
  3. configured the kernel to use FMC, I2C, and to build the AD9361 driver.
  4. Included the adi-fmcomms2.dtsi file in the system-top.dts file.

However, I still only see the xadc device under /sys/bus/iio/devices.

The previous thread I mentioned indicated that the solution was to enable the AXI_DMAC driver (which I've done) and to add "the interrupt parent to the two DMA nodes rx_dma and tx_dma". This I have NOT done because I am unsure of what it means, or where exactly the modification is made. A user suggested that "interrupt-parent = <&intc>; needed to be added to DMA modes. I don't know how to do this, or if it is even the same problem that I am having.

I have attached the kernel config, as well as some relevant device tree files.

Now, having said all this, my end goal is just to have a kernel development environment (so I can integrate a custom module) for the Zedboard and FMCOMMS2. I thought that petalinux was the easiest way to go about this, but if there is a better supported build environment I would certainly be open to using that.

Thanks for looking! Any help is greatly appreciated...

-Tom

Outcomes