AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is a suitable Blackfin or Sharc evaluation board to use for my monopulse tracking sonar electronic engineering final year project?

Question asked by Wicus199 on Apr 27, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 10, 2017 by Jithul_Janardhanan

Good day everyone

I am currently busy with my final year project in electronic engineering at the University of Pretoria in South Africa. I am doing a Monopulse sonar where I have to track a moving target using frequencies in the audible range (20Hz-20kHz). I already have existing hardware from someone who attempted it previously but failed. There are 4 microphones, each going to an external AD7466 ADC. Each ADC uses SPI to communicate with the processor. So I need a DSP evaluation board that can either take 4 SPI inputs simultaneously, or one that will be fast enough to multiplex 4 SPI inputs. I need to track a moving target in real-time so processing should be fast. Dedicated audio codecs will also help a lot. The other option is to change the hardware by taking out the external ADC and connecting each microphone directly to the microphone inputs that certain evaluation boards have. So any suggestions on what board to use will be really helpful. Also, I am on a tight budget so I can only buy one board and I can only buy once. So it needs to be the correct one. 

Best Regards

Wicus van der Westhuizen

Outcomes