Pretty new here. Im currently working on a project that requires ADC to fPGA communication and am having trouble understanding the continuous read function of the chip. Quick breakdown of what I'm using:
- NI myRio-1900 evaluation kit
- Analog Devices AD7193 mounted on a Diligent PmodAD5
- Using LabVIEW as the programming language to communicate between them.
I've been working on this setup and have been able to establish communication by calling the ID register. I was able to read and write to the configuration and mode registers. So the issue is that I don't understand the continuous read function. When I write 01011100 (which is supposed to be cread), the d_out/rdy pin is pulled high briefly at a 50 Hz rate. I'm not sure what this is and I was not able to pull coherent data out by forcing a read (writing 0x00). Most of what I saw appeared to be noise and when I applied a signal to Analog input 1 (on J2), it got completely saturated.
The data sheets are located at these sites:
- ADC Chip - http://store.digilentinc.com/pmodad5-4-channel-4-8-khz-24-bit-a-d-converter/
- myRio - http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376047a.pdf
Any advice/ help would be greatly appreciated!