AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD-FMCDAQ2-EBZ failed to generate bitsream for reference design

Question asked by jthill on Apr 11, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 by AdrianC
Branched to a new discussion

Hello,

We purchased the Kintex UltraScale FPGA DSP Development Kit (kcu105) with the Analog Devices' JESD204B AD-FMCDAQ2-EBZ FMC card (http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/1-5hkfeh.html).

The pre-built reference design ran fine. When trying to rebuild the design myself to understand how it works, it fails to generate a bitstream because the license for the Tri Mode Ethernet MAC (v9.0) is DESIGN_LINKING. If I start a new design, select my board, and add IP associated with my board, I can choose the AXI 1G/2.5G Ethernet Subsystem which uses the Tri Mode Ethernet MAC and I have the same problem.

[Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not permitted:
i_system_wrapper/system_i/axi_ethernet/inst/eth_mac/inst/bd_0_eth_mac_0_core (tri_mode_ethernet_mac_v9_0)

According to the documentation provided with the board, and Analog Devices, I should be able to build the design, which makes sense to me. I am somewhat confused about all the various licenses and perhaps I failed to set that up correctly.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'd really like to get the reference design generated and running on the board before I begin trying to understand and modify for my needs.

Thanks and let me know if there is more information I can provide.

~Jeff

Vivado 2015.2.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Outcomes