AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADIS16448 Supply Voltage Ripple Requirement

Question asked by BrandonjNapier on Apr 6, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2016 by NevadaMark

I am looking for some guidance on establishing a voltage ripple requirement for the ADIS16448, but I imagine it would also apply to many of the other ADI IMUs.

The IMU datasheet calls out an accel/gyro bias supply voltage sensitivity, but does this include the effects of ripple?  Does a supply voltage ripple cause output noise with magnitude given by this sensitivity?  What about the frequency content of the ripple, does this play a part in the sensor's performance?  Is there any circuitry internal to the IMU that regulates or cleans up the input voltage?

Thanks for your help!

A little more background information on my question:  I am trying to replace a sensor which uses 5v input with the ADIS16448 which uses 3.3v input.  I don't want to make any changes to the power supply system ($$), so I am trying to determine if there is a way to add another small voltage regulator on the flex harness that leads to the IMU.  I need to know what the voltage ripple requirements are so I can determine what level of power regulation/ filtering I will need.

Outcomes