AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV7619 4K detection issue with different cables

Question asked by jbolduc01 on Mar 21, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2016 by GuenterL

Hi,

We are having a problem with 4K locking detection when using different cables with a 4K camera. When using a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable, the locking process is fine. When using a mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter with a HDMI-2-HDMI cable, we have a VSYNC locking problem. I have read the following thread https://ez.analog.com/message/153513#153513 and our problem is still present after doing the recommended changes.

I know that using adapters is not the best setup to use, since it will decrease the signal integrity. However, the same setups are working fine when we plug the camera to a 4K display.

I have the following attachement, it contains the IO/HDMI/DPLL and CP register mapping when we are in the good (no adapter) and bad setup (with adapter). You can notice that the HDMI receiver is not detecting properly the input signal when we have the wrong setup in the HDMI map.

I checked the NEW_VS_PARAM bit and it seems it has an effect on the input detection at 4K, is this bit relevant when we are in pass-through mode?

Tell me if you need anything else.

Regards,

Jérôme

Attachments

Outcomes