AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help to configure Linux to start (boot up) with CMOS mode by default

Question asked by GRRao on Mar 21, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 21, 2016 by DragosB

Hi guys,

We are developing customized AD-FMCOMMS3-EBZ board.

We are using HW-Z7-ZC706 Rev1.2 XILINX Reference board and AD-FMCOMMS3-EBZ board to get familiarized with the AD-FMCOMMS3-EBZ board..

We need to initially test the customized board in CMOS board.

So, we should be able to configure the reference setup to get initialized in CMOS mode automatically during startup.

In order to make the Linux to initialize reference setup in CMOS mode, I have modified the device tree source as follows and deployed the compiled device tree binary but the linux is still booting up in LVDS mode.

adi,pp-tx-swap-enable = <0x0>

adi,pp-rx-swap-enable = <0x0>

adi,rx-frame-pulse-mode-enable = <0x0>

adi,lvds-mode-enable = <0x0>

adi,lvds-rx-onchip-termination-enable = <0x0>

Can anybody help me to understand as to why it is still initializing reference setup in LVDS mode?

Can anybody guide me as to what I need to do to make Linux to initialize reference setup in CMOS mode?

Basically, the LVDS mode is still enabled and LVDS Rx On Chip termination is still enabled when I read back the register 0x012 and 0x03C after Linux is booted up and reference setup is initialized. But, these values are getting changed if I modify the values of the registers 0x012 and 0x03C using direct_reg_access in /sys/kernel/debug/iio after reference setup is initialized.

Can anybody guide me as to how I can make the changes permanent so that Linux is booted up with the configured values and reference setup is initialized with the configured values?

Thanks in advance

Outcomes