AnsweredAssumed Answered

microblaze application does not run from BRAM ad6676

Question asked by bhatnagar.vaibhav81 on Mar 19, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 21, 2016 by DragosB

Hello,

I am using ad6676-ebz with cutomized platform that has kintex 160t on it.

basically, I took the vivado 2014.4.1 reference design of vc707, i made it run on kc705 successfully.

In the same way, I made it on my platform.

As this is a microblazed based application, the SDK application (that is basic onOS code 2015_r1) after the export run well from DDR3 (as given in generated linker script.) on kc705 or on my platform.

But, when I tried to launch the application from bram it never works on my platform, however, I optimized my applicaiton too much not it is too small and SDK never give any error regarding size.

text data bss dec hex filename

27620 1588 2292 31500 7b0c hello_world.elf

Actually, I have to make my hardware stand alone and I do not have an spi flash around my fpga hence I can not create a bootloader.

Pleae note that I do not change anything from vc707 to my platform except FPGA parts and removal of ethernet dma and ip (as I do not have them). The ddr3 size I set to 1Gb, I added some other HDl ips to process the adc data after jesd for decimation and flitering, nco correction.

Do I need to change anything like microblaze configuration at some point. Please let me know while developping the reference design if you find out same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Outcomes