AnsweredAssumed Answered

I want to measure is for example 1K-10K, 10Hz to 5kHz, in steps of 10Hz

Question asked by Grubi on Mar 18, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 21, 2016 by musach
Branched from an earlier discussion

To the moderators - I guess I am asking questions which were asked before, hopefully this is the right thread now, since my last two posts were not allowed. Let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Hi, obviosly measuring at low frequencies it is not a simple thing, but those low frequencies is exactly the area of interest of such measurements. I also have the same problem and already loose a lot of time with it.

What I am reading on the Analog website about blood coagulation application, which is quite close to mine (measure different contaminants in water) is following

"The AD5933 can measure impedance values between 100 Ω and 10 MΩ to a system accuracy of 0.5% for excitation frequencies from 1 kHz to 100 kHz"

OK, what I am using here, now, is AD5933-EVB Rev.C and generator on the board 16MHz. What I want to measure is for example 1K-10K, 10Hz to 5kHz, in steps of 10Hz. Can somebody tell me - is this possible to be done by optimising parameters or modifying Evaluation software (VB or LV), or I need to think about custom hardware/firmware/software solution or think about other way of measuring (not using AD5933 at all)?  What will be "standard" setting values if I am measuring simple resistors - clock, settling time, excitation  PGA, DDS, RFB?

@Patrick Lafont - can you publish Arduino code and schematics you are using? What is the lowest frequency you are able to measure at? I guess Arduino can be directly used with Pmod IA kit, and then add all the circuitry needed for specific measurement.

Outcomes